Thursday, April 12, 2007


I want to stand as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you see all the kinds of things you can't see from the center.
...
.
Human beings will be happier - not when they cure cancer or get to Mars or eliminate racial prejudice or flush Lake Erie but when they find ways to inhabit primitive communities again. That's my utopia.
...
.
I really wonder what gives us the right to wreck this poor planet of ours.


Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
1922-2007
Thanks for showing up and may you now be in peace.

3 Comments:

At 4:26 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you! So many old people whose passing away one does not want to contemplate - Studds Terkel (95), JD Salinger (90) come to mind immediately.

 
At 12:40 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vonnegut was in a class by himself, and I will miss him. Amen to your prayer.

 
At 6:34 p.m., Blogger Sadiq said...

beautiful!

amen to the peace of this great soul!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home